Friday, February 28, 2014

Welcome to my new blog: Plants, Pests, and Pathogens! I'll be updating with interesting facts and stories about ornamental and agronomic plants, and the pests and pathogens that threaten them. But first, a little bit about me:

My name is Diane. I'm a Horticulture Educator with the University of Illinois Extension, serving Champaign, Ford, Iroquois, and Vermilion Counties. I grew up in central IL and received a bachelor's of science in Crop Sciences from the University of Illinois, and a master's of science in Plant Pathology from the Ohio State University. I worked at the University of Illinois Plant Clinic as an undergrad and after completing my MS. My passions in life include plant pathogens and my two pet rabbits (who, when they go outside, quickly become plant pests).

I love spending time outdoors. Nature is a complex and beautiful thing, and the relationships between plants, pests, and pathogens can be awe-inspiring. I hope this blog introduces you to new ideas, images, or facts. Join me in the fascinating world of plants and their problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment